Thursday 26 February 2009

I am off to the Theatre!

Well, this IS good news. I managed to get a couple of hours off work so I could run off to the theatre to watch the latest production of Waiting For Godot at the Theatre Royal in Brighton. It is not usual for me to spot something I want to go and see at the Theatre. I wanted to go and see Little Shop of Horrors but, unfortunately, I could not have the time off work to go. But this time we prepared well in advance, and on the 28th of March I am off!

It is not only that it is a good play, it is also the fact that the two main leads are none other that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.


A friend of mine I am going with is hoping that Mr McKellen will reprise his role as Magneto and warn the audience that if they do not turn their mobiles off he will melt them, I suppose Mr Stewart would then have to reprise his role as Professor Xavier and rein him in. These are such two great Shakespearian actors that I just cannot wait a minute longer. Although knowing my luck I will get their understudies, as happened years back when we went to see Jason Donovan as Frank in The Rocky Horror Show and he was off that evening with throat problems or something like that...

I will try and write a review of the play after I go to see it, if I remember...

No comments: